You Can Move from Financial Struggles to Stability
- Identify What You Value So You Can Set Financial Goals
- Spend Your Money on What You Value
- Write Down Your Goals
- The Power of Goal-Setting
Develop a Spending Plan that Fits Your Needs and Goals
- Distinguishing Between Wants and Needs
- Your Spending Plan: Where Do You Begin?
- Careful Shopping Helps Your Spending Plan
- Track Your Spending
Financial Tools Can Help You Manage Your Money
- Safeguard Your Financial Information
- Checks and Money Orders
- Working With Banks and Credit Unions
- Overdraft Protection is a Safety Net
- Keeping Accurate Records
- Protecting Your Personal Identity
Using Credit Wisely Can Help You Accomplish Your Goals
- Types of Credit
- Loans: What Lenders Want to Know About You
- Credit Card Interest Can Be Costly
- Read Your Credit Card Statement Carefully
- How the CARD Act Protects You
- Protections for Gift Cards and Stored-Value Cards
- How Many Credit Cards Do You Really Need?
What You Need to Know About Your Credit Score
- What's In Your Credit Report?
- Your Credit Score – What Is It?
- Your Credit Score – Why Does It Matter?
What You Need to Know About Contracts
- Contracts for Utilities
- Contracts and Online Services
- Furniture Contracts and Extended Warranties
- Insurance Contracts
Protect Yourself from Scams and Know Your Legal Rights
- Disputing Problems with Goods and Services
- Learn More About Charities Before You Give
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Laws That Protect Consumers
- Dealing With Debt Collectors
What Can You Do When Things Go Wrong?
- Advice: Think Carefully Before You Follow It
- Credit Counseling and Debt Management Programs
- Debt Settlement Companies and Programs
- Rebuilding Your Credit